Any use of this website, including member registration, shall be in accordance with these Terms and, by agreeing to these Terms, the website user shall bear responsibility for his/her own actions. The information contained in this website complies with the laws of England. If, whether because of the age, nationality or country of residence of the user or otherwise, the use of this website would infringe any applicable law or regulation in any other jurisdiction, the use of this website is prohibited. It shall remain, at all times, the responsibility of the user to check that locally applicable laws allow use of the THE DOGS (Betting) .com website.
As part of THE DOGS (Betting) ongoing commitment to its site visitors and members, THE DOGS (Betting) welcomes any comments on any of these Terms, which should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Agreement to terms
By using this website in any way, users are deemed to have accepted these Terms. If users do not agree with these Terms, the use of this website is prohibited. THE DOGS (Betting) reserves the right to make changes to these Terms from time to time without notice and it is the user's responsibility to determine such changes. Continued use of the THE DOGS (Betting) website shall be deemed acceptance of any changes to these Terms.
- In order to enjoy the full privileges of membership, users will be required to provide THE DOGS (Betting) with personal information, some of which is mandatory information (marked with a * in the Account registration section of the website). If the user does not provide this information, the user will be unable to access a number of site features.
- Once registered as a member, THE DOGS (Betting) reserves the right (with the registrant's deemed consent) to share any of a registrant's personal details with any of the THE DOGS (Betting) betting partners.
- Users must notify THE DOGS (Betting) immediately of any change to personal details by amending their details online in the Account section of the website. Users can unsubscribe by sending an email to email@example.com. Thereafter, any accounts previously held with THE DOGS (Betting) will terminate and user names and passwords will become invalid immediately.
- Unless users have indicated otherwise, personal details will be included on a database compiled for direct marketing purposes and, from time to time, users may receive information, from THE DOGS (Betting) or from its betting partners. If users do not want their personal information to be used in this way, users should notify THE DOGS (Betting) marketing personnel by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and, as soon as is reasonably practicable, THE DOGS (Betting) will remove personal details from the direct marketing database. THE DOGS (Betting) confirms that no user information will be transmitted in breach of applicable Data Protection legislation and personal information shall only be transmitted to third parties with the user's informed consent.
- Users hereby agree to THE DOGS (Betting) assigning, or otherwise transferring personal data in connection with a sale, joint venture or other transfer of all or a portion of the assets of THE DOGS (Betting) or its affiliates.
- THE DOGS (Betting) shall, at all times, reserve the right immediately to terminate service to any user who has provided false or misleading information, or has in any other way breached these Terms.
- THE DOGS (Betting) uses "cookies" on this website, which are a means of storing information about a user on the user's own hard drive, and another way in which THE DOGS (Betting) can improve upon and personalise the privileges of membership.
- THE DOGS (Betting) uses IP addresses to analyse trends, assist with administration of the site, track users' movements and gather broad demographic information. However, IP addresses are not linked to personal information.
- THE DOGS (Betting) takes all reasonable precautions to protect users' information and all information is protected both online and off-line. Online, information such as credit card numbers are encrypted with SSL (encryption software) for maximum security. Off-line, THE DOGS (Betting) restricts its employees' access to users' information in full compliance with the security statement under the Data Protection legislation and the servers used to store personal information are kept in a secure environment.
3. Email messages - Content, storage and promotional messages
- THE DOGS (Betting) shall assume no responsibility for the deletion of or failure to store email messages.
- From time to time, THE DOGS (Betting) or its betting partners may send email messages to registered users containing advertisements, promotions, etc. THE DOGS (Betting) makes no warranty or representation as to the content of such messages or in relation to any goods or services which may be obtained from third parties. All users agree that THE DOGS (Betting) shall not have any liability with respect thereto.
- The following constitutes a misuse of the services offered by
THE DOGS (Betting):
- using the services for any improper, unlawful or immoral purpose, causing any nuisance by the use of the services or causing the operation of the services to be jeopardised or impaired.
- using the services to create, host or transmit (whether in a live chat room, on a bulletin board or otherwise) any defamatory, offensive, or obscene material or engaging in activities which would cause offence to others on grounds of race, creed or sex.
- using the services to harm, or attempt to harm, minors in any way.
- using the services to transmit any material that threatens or encourages bodily harm or the destruction of property.
- using the services to create, host or transmit material which infringes the copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any other party.
- using the services to transmit unsolicited advertising material to other users.
- using the services to transmit any material that harasses another.
- using the services to make fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items or services.
- adding, removing or modifying identifying network header information in an effort to deceive or mislead.
- using the services to access, or to attempt to access the accounts of others or to attempt to penetrate security measures of THE DOGS (Betting) or other entities' computer software, hardware, electronic communication system, or telecommunications system.
- using the services to collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about third parties without their knowledge or consent.
- using the services for any activity which adversely affects the ability of other people or systems to use the services or the Internet.
4. Registration, Account Login and password protection
- Users are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of passwords and shall bear responsibility for all uses of registration, whether or not such use is authorised by the user. Users are liable and responsible for all their actions where the username and password have been entered correctly. Users must notify THE DOGS (Betting) of any unauthorised use of registration or password. In the event that a password is incorrectly used three times, THE DOGS (Betting) shall block access to this account, and a new password will be emailed to the registrants registered email address.
- Title to any passwords issued by THE DOGS (Betting) shall remain vested in THE DOGS (Betting).
- THE DOGS (Betting) has made all reasonable endeavours to ensure that the information contained on this website is accurate. However, THE DOGS (Betting) makes no warranties whatsoever in relation to the accuracy, suitability, reliability, completeness or otherwise of this information, whether express or implied. In addition, users will have access to information which has not been directly provided by THE DOGS (Betting) and neither does THE DOGS (Betting) make any warranties as to such information. THE DOGS (Betting) shall not be responsible for the content on the Internet or World Wide Web pages that are contained outside its own website (http://www.e-tote.com/thedogs/). Any liability shall rest solely with the provider of such information or the owner of the website and not with THE DOGS (Betting).
6. Intellectual property, trademarks and copyright
- THE DOGS (Betting) either owns or is licensed to use the intellectual property rights, including (but not limited to) copyright, design rights and trademarks appearing on this website.
- The THE DOGS (Betting) website, including but not limited to text, content, photographs, video, audio, graphics and the look and feel of the site is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, international treaties and/or other proprietary rights and laws of England and other countries. As a user of the site you agree to abide by all applicable copyright and other laws, as well as by any additional copyright notices or restrictions contained in this website.
- The reproduction, copying, distribution or otherwise of material contained in this website is strictly prohibited, including storage in any form, whether tangible or electronic, other than downloading for personal use. Downloading material for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and unauthorised use may result in civil or criminal penalties.
- THE DOGS (Betting) logos found on this site are trademarks of THE DOGS (Betting). Such logos may be used only with the express written consent of these companies.
7. Disclaimer and limitation of liability
- THE DOGS (Betting), its employees, subcontractors, agents or partners disclaim any liability in respect of any loss or damage arising out of this website, whether such loss or damage results from negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise, and whether in contract or in tort, including the loss or corruption of data, any errors or omissions in content, delays or interruptions in transmission or operation and lines or communication failure. THE DOGS (Betting) shall not be liable for any, indirect, special or other consequential or incidental damage, whether foreseeable or not. Nothing in this disclaimer shall exclude or limit liability for death or personal injury arising out of negligence or in respect of fraudulent misrepresentation.
- In no event shall THE DOGS (Betting) total liability for all damages, losses and causes of action exceed the amount paid by the user, if any, for accessing this site.
- Due to the nature of the Internet and software generally, THE DOGS (Betting) gives no warranty that use of the website and/or any services set out therein will be free from errors, interruptions and/or delays.
- Except as expressly set out in these Terms, all representations, warranties, terms and conditions, whether express or implied, are hereby excluded to the greatest extent permitted by law. Consumer Rights: Consumers, please note that the exclusion of rights conferred on you under section 39 of the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act, 1980 is subject to section 40 of that Act.
8. Linking and framing
- By linking to this Website, users represent that they have read and agree to be bound by the Terms contained herein. Users further represent that they have read and agree to be bound by the Terms.
- Upon linking to this Website, users will be granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable, royalty-free licence to use the THE DOGS (Betting) mark solely for providing an underlined, textual link from your Website to 'http://www.e-tote.com/thedogs/'. No other use of THE DOGS (Betting) marks or name is permitted without express prior written permission from THE DOGS (Betting).
- Without limiting the provisions contained in the Terms, users may
include a link(s) on their Website to the THE DOGS (Betting) home page, currently
located at http://www.e-tote.com/thedogs/ ("Home Page") provided
that they first register with THE DOGS (Betting) at
putting 'Linking Licence' in the subject area and attaching the following
Website user profile:
Type of content:
- In addition, users may not link to http://www.e-tote.com/thedogs/ any site containing inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful topics, names, material or information, or material or information that violates any applicable intellectual property, proprietary, privacy or publicity rights.
- THE DOGS (Betting) is concerned with activities such as linking to an internal or subsidiary page of this Website that is located one or several levels down from the Home Page ("deep linking"), or bringing up or presenting content of this Website within another Website ("framing"). In this regard, without limiting the provisions contained in the Terms, users must make a specific request for, and secure permission from, THE DOGS (Betting) prior to deep linking to, or framing, this website or any of its content, or engaging in similar activities.
- Users agree to indemnify and hold THE DOGS (Betting) harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable legal expenses, made by any third party due to or arising out of the use of this website, the violation of these Terms or infringement of any intellectual property right of any person or entity.
10. Remedies for Users' breach of Terms
- In the event of any breach of these Terms by a user, and without prejudice
to any other rights which THE DOGS (Betting) might have, THE DOGS (Betting) reserves
the right to:
- Warn the user by email of such breach
- Delete any content which THE DOGS (Betting) considers to be in breach
- Discontinue the user's registration with THE DOGS (Betting)
- Proceed to the proper law enforcement authorities for further action
- Pursue any further action that THE DOGS (Betting) shall deem appropriate in the circumstances
- In the event that any of these provisions is deemed to be invalid, the invalidity of such provision(s) shall not affect the validity of the remainder of these Terms, and the remainder shall remain in full force and effect.
- Any failure by THE DOGS (Betting) to exercise or enforce any right or obligation conferred upon it shall not constitute a waiver of such a right nor bar THE DOGS (Betting) from exercising or enforcing it.
- THE DOGS (Betting) may assign its rights and obligations under these Terms and upon such assignment, THE DOGS (Betting) shall be relieved of any further obligation hereunder.
- All users represent that they have the authority and capacity to register with THE DOGS (Betting) according to these Terms.
- These Terms constitute the entire agreement and understanding between the parties and supersede all prior agreements and understandings.
12. Jurisdiction and Choice of law
- These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England, and the English courts shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction.