1. The following information and rules, which cover all transactions, detail the terms and conditions under which bets are accepted by the THE DOGS (Betting) online betting service at 'http://www.e-tote.com/thedogs/'. The onus is on you to ensure that you are familiar with this information and the rules and terms of a particular bet. If you require clarification or advice, please contact our Customer Services department at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. THE DOGS (Betting) does not intend that persons present in countries in which such activities are illegal should use the Website for betting or any other purposes. The Website does not constitute an offer, solicitation or invitation by THE DOGS (Betting) for the use of or subscription to betting or other services in any jurisdiction in which such activities are prohibited by law.
Each person should ensure that he or she would be acting legally in that jurisdiction in registering as an individual customer of the Website and/or betting on or through the Website.
3. The registering of details with the Website will be deemed as acceptance of these rules and terms and conditions. THE DOGS (Betting) reserves the right to add to or amend these rules and terms and conditions at anytime. Any such revision will be binding and effective for all bets placed thereafter immediately on posting of notification of such changes on the Website.
4. You must be aged 18 years or older in order to register on the Website. Any customer may be credit checked on application in order to check credit status and/or prove their legal age. THE DOGS (Betting) Betting reserves the right to request "proof of age" documentation from any customer. Accounts may be suspended pending clarification of age and/or credit status.
5. You choose your own confidential username and password. It is your responsibility to ensure that you keep your username and password confidential. Do not reveal them to anyone, as any bets placed by a person quoting your confidential security details will be attributed to you. Please note you may change your password details at any time. If you have any concerns about the security of your account, please contact Customer Services department at email@example.com
All transactions where your username and password have been entered correctly will be regarded as valid.
6. It is your responsibility to ensure that all personal details are kept up-to-date. You can edit your address, phone number, e-mail and Bank details by clicking in the 'My Account' section. You must contact Customer Services department at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to change your credit card details.
7. Bets are only accepted on the events displayed on the Website. THE DOGS (Betting) reserves the right to decline all or part of any bet offered.
8. The minimum and maximum bet is determined exclusively by THE DOGS (Betting) and is detailed under our Tote Betting Rules.
9. THE DOGS (Betting) reserves the right to close a client's account at any time without explanation on notice to you without affecting any outstanding bets. After any outstanding bets are closed, all monies on your account will be forwarded to you within 30 days.
10. Bets may be placed up to the actual advertised time of the particular event unless specified otherwise. THE DOGS (Betting) reserve the right to stop betting at any time before the start of the event.
11. Each bet will be given a unique number shown on your bet confirmation screen. The allocation of this number is confirmation that the bet has been accepted, and bets are not valid without such a number.
12. All times displayed on our site will be the local time at the venue.
13. It is your responsibility to ensure that details of your bets are correct. Once you have confirmed a transaction then changes will not be permitted.
14. THE DOGS (Betting) will not allow nor accept responsibility for any palpable errors or omissions in respect of the posting of prices, selections, times or results despite our every effort to ensure total accuracy. Notwithstanding Rule 16 below, we reserve the right to correct obvious errors (for example an incorrect dividend or voiding bets struck after an event is underway). In such cases, bets will be settled at the correct dividend but we will endeavour to contact you to inform you of the error and offer you a choice of keeping the bet at the correct dividend or having the bet voided. If we are unable to contact you or you make no contact in response the bet will stand and be settled correctly.
If, for any reason, a bet is inadvertently accepted after the event has started or been concluded, the selection(s) affected will be made void.
15. All odds displayed before the event has started are for information purposes only.
16. All results will be as published by the Website unless otherwise stated.
17. Should any eventuality occur that is not covered by these rules we will look for suitable parallels within our rules, or failing that generally accepted industry rules.
18. All winnings will be automatically credited to your account.
19. All deposits/withdrawals will be made to/from the Credit Card details given on initial deposit. Any transfers will be subject to a clearance time period offered by our banking partners. Bank charges from our banking partners will be passed on to all customers.
20. Deposits for credit card betting must be between £5 and £1000 (or the approximate equivalent in the currency of your choice). You can only bet up to the amount held within your account. Interest is not payable on account balances. You can make deposits using VISA, VISA Delta or MasterCard.
21. If you use a UK issued VISA or MasterCard card you can withdraw any amount up to your account balance, otherwise for non UK issued VISA cards or for VISA Delta cards you may not withdraw an amount greater than the sum of your deposits.
We regret that if you use a non UK issued MasterCard you can not make any withdrawals to your card.
To make a withdrawal using an unsupported credit card please contact our Customer Services department at email@example.com who will be happy to arrange for a cheque to be sent out to you.
22. Bets will only be accepted if made online via the Website. THE DOGS (Betting) will not accept any bets placed, or attempted to be placed, by any other means.
23. In the event of any dispute, both you and THE DOGS (Betting) agree that the Transaction log will act as final authority in determining the outcome of any claim.
24. THE DOGS (Betting) accept no liability for any damage or losses that are alleged to have resulted from the Website, or its content, including delays or interruptions in operation or transmission, loss or corruption of data, communication or lines failure, any person's misuse of the site or its content or any error or omissions in content.
25. Where there is evidence of Event, Price or Match rigging, or fraudulent use of credit cards or funds, THE DOGS (Betting) reserve the right to make bets void or withhold payment of returns pending the outcome of any subsequent investigation.
26. No claims or disputes will be considered more than 12 weeks after the date of the conclusion of a transaction.
27. The maximum winnings to any one customer on any one-day may be set and notified.
28. For transactions involving an exchange in currency, the applicable rate of exchange will be the published daily mid rate from Lloyds TSB, UK.
29. If your financial arrangements change and you wish to change the currency of your account, please contact Customer Services department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any outstanding balance will be returned to you. You will have to make a new deposit by your chosen payment method.
30. Account information held by THE DOGS (Betting) is securely stored and remains confidential.
31. We collect personal information from visitors to this Website through the use of online forms and every time you interact with us. We may also collect information automatically about your visit to our Website.
We process personal information collected via this website for the purposes of:
- setting up and managing your account,
- building up personal profiles and
- providing you with information about promotional offers
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Some of the data processors engaged to process personal data may be based outside of the European Economic Area. Therefore, by browsing this Website and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way.
32. THE DOGS (Betting) has implemented a cutting edge technical infrastructure, which has been designed to achieve our three main objectives: high availability, absolute security and speed of service, our overall aim is to enable our customers to transact quickly and securely with THE DOGS (Betting).
Our servers employ the latest technology and are highly resilient. Our firewalls have been implemented for military and government use, ensuring absolute confidence and security when visiting our website.
Our state of the art Strong Encryption and Secure Socket Layer technology will ensure that transactions are transmitted securely, efficiently and reliably to our servers.
If you have any questions or requests about any aspect of our Internet betting service that you are unable to resolve by reference to our Help pages we will endeavour to answer or action it as soon as possible.
33. Do you have a query about tote betting on the Website?
If you have any comments or suggestions or are experiencing any problems with your tote betting account or tote bet placement, then please feel free to get in touch with our Customer Services department at email@example.com.
If you would prefer to speak to one of our team by telephone then please specify so in your e-mail, including a contact phone number and a convenient time for us to contact you and one of our customer service team will be happy to call you.